LEARN SHORT ROWS
Sundayday 21 May @ 1:30pm – 3:30pm with Kirsten ( 1 spot left)
Short rows are a great way of adding shaping to a flat piece of knitting – perfect for customising fit for shoulders and bust lines. This class will introduce you to the main methods of working short rows, as well as explaining where they can be used within your knitting.
Techniques to be covered:
- Wrap & Turn (in Garter Stitch & Stocking Stitch)
- Japanese Short Rows
- German Short Rows
Skills needed: knit, purl.
- DK or Worsted weight yarn
- 3.5 mm (DK) or 4 mm (Worsted) needles
- Lockable stitch markers, paperclips or safety pins.
- 3 small swatches, as follows
- C/O 26 sts.
- Knit 6 rows.
- Row 1: knit to end.
- Row 2: k3, p20, k3.
- Rpt rows 1-2 four more times.
- Keep stitches on needle or stitch holder.
27.05.17 GET THE KNACK OF KNITTING! Beginner knitting
Saturday 27 May @ 5:30pm – 8:30pm
£65 (materials and Prosecco included)
Always looked at someone knitting and thought it was too difficult for you? Or maybe you once learned but never went beyond that square that kept getting bigger and full of holes? Now Scott Bramley, pattern writer and designer from the knitwear industry is here to pass on some expertise and get you started on those first baby steps to becoming a knit addict!
In the session, we will look at:
- The basics of knitting – get those needles going!
- How to read a pattern – What are all those funny letters?
- Actually, knitting something you want – a great little plant pot cover as your first ever project.
- Then neat finishing techniques to make the perfect knit.
- All materials and a glass of bubbly included in the price.
So, come and learn something new, have a glass of bubbles and takeaway your own succulent plant in a cosy cover!
Sunday 28 May @ 1pm – 4pm with Kirsten (Sold out)
Learn the magic of brioche with Kirsten! The first session focuses on the actual technique, and the second session moves on to implementing this newly learned technique in a pattern.
50 grams of 4ply wool in at least 2 different shades
4.0 mm needle
LEARN TO CROCHET
Sunday 4 June @ 1pm – 4pm with Sol (1 spot left)
Grab your hook and learn this amazing craft! This beginner workshop will give you a great introduction to the incredible world of crochet so that you can start creating beautiful projects for you and your home. By working a simple project you will learn the basic techniques to start your crochet journey.
You will learn:
- How to hold your yarn and hook
- How to crochet a chain
- How to crochet two basic stitches
- How to avoid extra or missing stitches when working flat
- How to change colours
No experience required!
- Chunky yarn in 2 light colours
- 6mm or 7mm hook
- 2 removable stitch markers
- Darning needle
LEARN TO SPIN – Drop Spindle
Thursday 29 June @ 6pm – 8pm with Kirsten
Ever wanted to spin your own yarn? This session will introduce the basics of spinning and plying (both 2 Ply and 3 Ply) will get you started on the drop spindle.
Materials required: You will need a bit of prepared fleece and a drop spindle. These can be purchased in the shop either beforehand or on the day of your workshop. Take a look at the Learn to Spin Kit, which includes your required materials.